Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Thursday, August 10, 2006 -Digital Kakejiku -
http://exoagency.blogspot.com/

posted by Patrick Lichty at 11:05 AM

Thursday, August 10, 2006
Digital Kakejiku
I also remember seeing this iece last night. Akira Hasegawa, D-K San Jose was one of the best pieces I saw so far. Just beautiful. I thought that the idea of repurposing the public space as a foprm of massive Japanese wall scroll might be a little trite, but it really surprised me. For a conceptualist/activist like myself, i was a little shocking to be drawn into this space so strongly. I think what surprised me was the fact that so many people inhabited the space and were playing with the piece on the catwalks, and just thoroughly enjoying themselves shows me the qualitiative/transformative difference public art has.
posted by Patrick Lichty at 11:28 AM 0 comments

No comments: